Hospitality and the Community
The Hospitality Jobs Open Doors and Promote Diversity
From minority-owned restaurants to spirits manufacturers’ programs aimed at increasing executive diversity, the industry focuses on creating opportunities for underrepresented communities.
- One in four restaurants is minority owned and restaurants are the leading employer of minority managers nationwide.
- Within the ranks of senior management and executives, alcohol manufacturers have implemented aggressive hiring programs to ensure diversity among key decision makers. For example, these types of programs resulted in Diageo having nearly double the national average for women in executive positions—the company boasts a rate of nearly 30 percent.
- Alcohol manufacturers rate consistently as the best places to work for minorities, LGBT and women. Numerous organizations, including the Human Rights Campaign and the Great Place to Work Institute, have recognized spirits manufacturers for their efforts to create opportunities for underrepresented groups.
The Hospitality Industry is a Responsible Part of our Community
- Promoting responsible and safe consumption of spirits, beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages continues to be a driving focus for the entire industry. The hospitality industry’s commitment plays a large role in reducing drunk driving and other alcohol related incidents.
- Since 1988, alcohol-related traffic fatalities have declined by 41 percent, in large part due to the robust public education efforts between the hospitality industry, governments, retailers and the consuming public.
- Alcohol manufacturers make significant contributions to promoting responsible consumption programs. The result has been a steady decline in the incidents of driving under the influence arrests.
- To help prevent drunk driving and encourage the use of designated drivers, the hospitality industry invests heavily in developing and implementing a number of different programs to promote safe travel alternatives and highlight the consequences of drunk driving.