Hospitality and Jobs
Hospitality Keeps Californians Working and Supports Local Businesses
California’s hospitality industry directly and indirectly supports a million jobs statewide and thousands of local businesses.
- Nearly 11 percent of California’s workforce is employed in the hospitality sector.
- More than one million Californians work in restaurants and bars.
- California is the nation’s hospitality leader in terms of jobs and businesses—more than 100,000 local businesses are directly involved in the industry.
- The alcohol industry alone employs more than 440,000 Californians and is responsible for more than $10 billion annually in wages statewide.
- Truckers, farmers, manufacturers and other critical industries are all indirectly involved in the hospitality industry and rely on the revenue it generates for their employment.